Get Free Assessment for Immigration/Visa applications from Attorney Melanie M. Pelletier

Temporary Canada Visas – Visitor visas

Do you wish to visit Canada? If so, you will most likely need to obtain a temporary resident visa (TRV) to be able to enter Canada – depending on your country of citizenship.

Did you know?
  • Foreign nationals are allowed into Canada as temporary residents by privilege.
  • Approval of a temporary resident visa application cannot be guaranteed;
  • Each application is considered on its own merit;
  • There is no formal right of appeal on temporary resident visa decisions.
To increase your chances of obtaining a temporary resident visa (TRV) to Canada, a visa officer must be satisfied that you are a genuine and bona fide temporary resident. His/her decision will be based on the following circumstances:

  • The purpose of your visit to Canada;
  • Your plans when in Canada;
  • The duration of your intended visit to Canada;
  • Your ties to your home country;
  • Your ability to support yourself financially while in Canada and to return to your home country;
  • The likelihood of leaving Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay;
  • Your health and criminal background;
  • Possession of a valid passport (or other travel document) which allows you to re-enter your home country.
Note: The documents and information presented with your application must be authentic and truthful. Fraud and misrepresentation will result in a refusal AND applicants refused for these reasons will be banned from entering Canada for a period of two years.

To be authorized entry to Canada - with a TRV, you must:
  • Satisfy an officer at the Canada and Border Services Agency (CBSA) that you will respect your conditions of entry to Canada;
  • Answer all questions truthfully;
  • Provide complete identification for you and your dependents.
If you are an individual who is seeking to visit Canada and you require legal assistance with regard to your application, Attorney Melanie M. Pelletier invites you to complete a FREE ASSESSMENT*.

Once Attorney Pelletier has determined that you have a favorable chance to be issued a temporary resident visa (TRV), you will receive an agreement for professional services, by e-mail or fax.

If you are seeking professional advice and/or assistance with regard to the application process and/or the review of your application forms (before official submission to Immigration Authorities), please e-mail Attorney Melanie M. Pelletier at:

* Any information provided will be kept in strict confidence.